That hello is said with a Great Big Hopeful Smile because I do think we’re looking at a more hopeful situation with all the Covidious viruses being, if not bounced into oblivion, made manageable at last.
PER ARDUA AD ASTRAZENECA!!!
So here is a News Update and there is LOTS of news!!!
- Bad news – the May-June tour is obviously not possible due to continued restrictions. Boo hoo.
- Fantastic news – the tour has been rescheduled for the autumn and I have a spooky feeling this time that it will go ahead. My spooky feelings are pretty reliable – I was the one saying mid-February last year that I thought it highly likely we wouldn’t be able to finish the tour. And thus it came to pass. Keep an eye on our facebook page for tour updates. I might also add that if you haven’t heard from the actual theatres that are holding tickets yet, we won’t be able to answer about specific dates. Laughing Dave – our booker, who should probably be renamed Doleful Dave as he has had to cancel and reschedule three tours and 13 dates of the end of the Spring Tour 2020 – is currently jostling with hundreds of other bookers who want to find dates for the acts they represent… as you can imagine, there’s quite a scrum trying to get dates that work and also make some geographical sense. In other words, not Truro to Durham to Aberystwyth to Eastbourne in 4 nights… If Dave’s still laughing by the time we’re allowed to meet again, it’ll be a miracle. Well, either that or he’ll have to be hospitalised.
- Great News – Adele and I have both had Covid and lived, and by the time of touring we will have both been vaccinated. Actually, I was Pfizered only recently. Liza has also been vaccinated although she is only 22. Cornwall clearly has few people and many Pfizers. Michael Roulston is even younger, so I can’t speak for him.
- Excellent news – Our new show was recorded at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in January 2020 and for Covidious reasons, it was very slow getting it mixed, mastered and released. But it has been released at last and is available for download on Apple, and imaginatively titled FASCINATING AIDA LIVE AT THE QEH 2020. Here’s the link. This is what the cover looks like.
- Vaguely encouraging news – I have occasionally stirred from my Covidious torpor to write a song and launch it on an unsuspecting world. Here’s my latest – a lockdown blues entitled NOTHIN’ TO DO BLUES, accompanied by the mighty Michael Roulston who will of course be joining us on the tour.
- Mixed news – My hairdressing bills have plummeted as I have given up being a natural blonde and now have long white hair. I thought I might look quietly and beautifully graceful like Emmy-Lou Harris, but actually I look like Diana Dors’ great grandmother.
A picture of me with my Resting Blues Face and my long white hair. Many apologies to Rodrigo, my long suffering hairdresser who I haven’t seen since February 2020.
That’s enough waffling from me. Please keep safe, keep wearing your masks and TAKE THE VACCINE if it’s offered. It really is the key to freedom. And hang on to your tickets – we will tour again.
Love from me.